Thanks for your help

by Russ Roberts on December 19, 2006

in Podcast

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped EconTalk finish second in the "Best Podcast" category.  Winners in all categories are here. Special thanks to Joe, Mike, Penny, Mungowit’s, Division of Labour, the Sports Economist and Betsy’s Page.

Comments

comments

Chris Meisenzahl December 19, 2006 at 8:55 pm

Congrats, well-deserved!

John S. December 20, 2006 at 4:02 pm

Russ, your podcasts are evidence that there are indeed 100 dollar bills lying around in the street. I feel like I'm picking one up every Monday morning.

Keep up the good work.

steep December 20, 2006 at 4:31 pm

I concur with John S. Thanks for the intellectual free lunch each monday.
My only suggestion:
More Munger, please.

Russ Roberts December 20, 2006 at 4:44 pm

Steep,

More Munger? Absolutely. More is definitely on the way. More Munger is even better than more cowbell. Other suggestions welcome as well.

steep December 20, 2006 at 4:48 pm

Thank you, pumpkin.

(I am still suprised you
let him get away with that)

Steve December 21, 2006 at 10:57 pm

Russ,
I would love to hear interviews with: Greg Mankiw, John Mackey, Vernon Smith, Ned Phelps, Tyler Cowen, Tim Harford, Steven Levitt, PJ O'rourke and/or Dave Barry (fun if you could do them together), Dan Griswold, John Mackey. By the way, do you have any guidelines you use when selecting an interviewee (beside obvious ones like availability)? For example, do you prefer economists over non-economists?

I have told you before but econtalk is incredibly good. My Ipod recently broke and my addiction to Econtalk means I am going to have to make an unexpected purchase for a new one. Worth every dollar though.

Lastly, I think if you could find an expert on it that the economics of ebay would be a great topic.

Cheers and Happy Hannukah,

Steve

Russ Roberts December 22, 2006 at 12:51 am

Steve,

Thanks for your kind words and your suggestions. Some of your names are on my list for people to talk to in the coming year and I'm working to get them on the show. I'm always looking for interesting people who express themselves well and who I'm interested in talking to. I do expect there to be some non-economists coming up, some new people and some return visits from old friends. Thanks for listening and keep spreading the word.