Milton on PBS tonight

by Russ Roberts on January 29, 2007

in Movies

Check your local listings—Milton Friedman bio will be on PBS tonight.

Comments

comments

Randy January 29, 2007 at 3:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Perfect, it will be on right after Heroes. Seems kind of fitting…

Mike Mead January 29, 2007 at 3:39 pm

In Seattle it will be on this Friday at 9:00.

Justin Smith January 29, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Not in Albuquerque. Instead, tonight's prime time schedule features two full hours of "Antiques Roadshow", followed by two episodes of "Mexico: One Plate at a Time." KNME doesn't plan to broadcast the program.

eldridge wood January 30, 2007 at 7:00 am

MF item in LA Friday night at 9:30 on KCET. Left coast is considered subordinate,by PBS, to the northeast; at least as regards as regards MF. We are affronted.

True_Liberal January 30, 2007 at 9:37 am

I watched it last night – and thanks to my new DVD recorder I'm going to watch it many more times. Really well done!

steep January 30, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Utah's KUED is putting it on tomorrow (1/31) at 2:00 am. It will be a long night.
Antiques Roadshow was on twice monday night.
Obviously antiques have a much greater influence on the United States than Nobel Prize winners.

Sam January 30, 2007 at 7:59 pm

I can record in on April 23rd.

Rick Sincere January 31, 2007 at 12:57 am

It was a great program. I DVRed it on one station while watching it on another, just in case I lost the signal from the one I was watching. Now I have a permanent record of it.

I especially appreciated the archival footage of the Nobel Prize ceremony and some of the excerpts from "Free to Choose" — which I did not know had been essentially ad-libbed!

Did anyone else notice Professor Roberts' name listed at the very end of the credits and acknowledgements?

az January 31, 2007 at 1:09 am

Could somebody upload a copy of the show ? I would really like to see it.

Bob Smith January 31, 2007 at 11:53 am

They said that Free To Choose wasn't broadcast in France. That explains a lot…

SheetWise January 31, 2007 at 6:10 pm

Phoenix — 4am Thursday. At least there won't be any interruptions, and I'll only be fighting the dogs for the remote.

True_Liberal January 31, 2007 at 8:48 pm

Much of the content of "The Power Of Choice" is available via YouTube per Raymond on hsipanicpundit.com (a great blog, by the way).

See: http://hispanicpundit.com/2007/01/29/quote-of-the-day-444/#comments