Help design the EconStories t-shirts

by Russ Roberts on August 29, 2011

in Hayek

Go here and let us know which of the designs, if any, you’d be interested in if you could buy them.

Comments

comments

Steve Fritzinger August 29, 2011 at 12:36 am

I know that value is subjective but there really is only one right answer here:

“Prepare to get schooled in my Austrian perspective…”

I’ll take 2.

Steve Fritzinger August 29, 2011 at 12:39 am

BTW, the black one with the brick red background. Not the one that looks like a rising sun.

Mogden August 29, 2011 at 12:43 am

Yes, that is a shirt that must see the light of day.

Steve_0 August 29, 2011 at 1:54 am

I happen to love the old school block print Russian workers propaganda art style. I would like to see some Austrian themes done in that style.

Also, the winning picture from the Hayek quote contest, with the hand holding out one loaf of bread with many grasping hands, would make a good T-shirt.

kebko August 29, 2011 at 4:14 am

I second Steve_O. That was a great print.

vidyohs August 29, 2011 at 6:13 am

The ones saying “We are all Keynsians now” are a definite no.

nailheadtom August 29, 2011 at 6:33 am

Why is it always T-shirts? Everyone has lots of message T-shirts. How about something that’s both creative and practical? Maybe EconoStories rubber gloves?

Kirby August 29, 2011 at 9:01 am

aww, the ‘blame the animal spirits’ didn’t make it.

William B. August 29, 2011 at 10:04 am

I like the design on #51 best but I don’t like wearing dark-colored T-shirts. If that one wins I’d be more likely to buy it if there were a lighter-colored option. Also I would hope that the design would not be too heavy or plasticky.

Steve_0 August 29, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I mean to mention this as well. The fabric of the shirt and the density of the print are very important. I would prefer not to have a solid black shirt.

My favorite shirt is my “Philosoraptor” T-shirt which is on a variegated green recycled cotton rag shirt. It looks antique. I would prefer a variegated antique looking color, something in the yellow, amber, light brown range.

And the density on the ink in the Hayek “Prepare to get schooled” print needs to come way down. The same effect can be done if those large blocks are half-tone gradients. Otherwise, this will be a large stiff sheet of plastic, and I might admire it, but it will sit in my dresser drawer.

Aj August 29, 2011 at 10:16 am

I agree with kirby, I loved the “blame the animal spirits” shirts. I wish they made it. In the words of my generation they were sick even for an Austrian.

Invisible Backhand August 29, 2011 at 10:28 am

“EconStories.TV is a project of the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, a place for students, the media, and others to learn what economics tells us about the most important issues of our time, challenging the conventional wisdom about the role of markets and the role of government in society.

Please make a tax-deductible contribution today…”

rbd August 29, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Definitely like the “Prepare to get schooled…” Has a certain attitude that I like.

MIchael E. Marotta August 30, 2011 at 12:10 am

The voting is just a market test, the real voting takes place in the real market.

I note that today’s news from NPR included a story about Twining’s changes to its Earl Grey blend. Market-tested and widely unpopular, at least in the editorial pages. New Coke also failed in the markets after market testing. On the other hand, we numismatists know that Americans rounded scorned both the Peace Dollar and Walking Liberty Half, which are now considered classics of an “American renaissance in coinage.”

These shirts are among the incentives taking me from Ann Arbor (where there is no work) to Austin (where there is work). I look forward to voting with my dollars.