Magic

by Russ Roberts on August 30, 2011

in Beautiful

Human creativity keeps expanding. Beautiful.

Comments

comments

Thomas Gierach August 30, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Pretty nifty. I would never use it. But I can see how it would be way easier to draw on than a computer pad.

PrometheeFeu August 30, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Thank you Russ. I just might give one to my wife for Christmas.

Ryan August 30, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Wow. This could be fun. Might be a game changer for the sketch vector stock marketplace.

SweetLiberty August 30, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Awesome product. But is this invention evidence that government regulations aren’t oppressive to new development after all; or is it a testament to human tenacity that, despite bureaucratic obstacles, innovations will occasionally surface?

Ken August 30, 2011 at 4:08 pm

How much did the government fund the research into this? After all, according to Joe Biden, no technological advances are made without substantial funds and direction from the government.

Regards,
Ken

vikingvista August 30, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I bought a similar device several months ago because I thought it would come in useful for making digital images of my signature for electronic ducuments, and for keeping an archive of the many paper forms I fill out. I got it to replace the Wacom tablet that I bought a couple years earlier.

I’ve never used either device. But they are pretty cool.

John Papola August 30, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Holy where’s my credit card, Batman. That’s bought.

Tim August 30, 2011 at 11:04 pm

How much does it cost?

J. W. September 1, 2011 at 1:08 am
T Rich August 31, 2011 at 8:56 am

Awesome! Will it make me draw any better?

Wouldn’t it have been cool if da Vinci had access to tools like this?

Kevin August 31, 2011 at 3:13 pm

That’s… amazing. I LOVE technology! One of the biggest problems for an artist looking to create a sketch on paper for transfer into photoshop is that you have to sketch, scan, and then finally digitally ink. This would greatly simplify that process by completely eliminating the scanning stage and ensuring that your sketch was digital in the first place.

J. W. September 1, 2011 at 1:11 am

Agreed. I recently made sketches for a client, then scanned them and traced them in a vector program. According to the video, this thing goes to the vector stage right away. That’s a huge help.

Ohio Libertarian September 2, 2011 at 7:24 pm

OK, now let’s see the one created by the government task force!