Strine-accented macro

by Russ Roberts on May 19, 2011

in Music

Here is a radio interview of me on the Australian Broadcasting Corporations radio program, Counterpoint, talking about Fight of the Century. It is worth listening to just to hear the host, Paul Comrie-Thomson, read some of the lyrics in an Australian accent. Really beautiful.

Comments

comments

Bill May 19, 2011 at 11:50 am

What a delightful and informative interview! Thanks for sharing, Russ.

MIchael E. Marotta May 19, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I was impressed with the host’s willingness to give time and opportunity to a view he seemed not to share. All in all, it was a good opportunity. The video sort of spreads itself, course, as we now say, “going viral.” I noticed that you got in a plug for the classroom support materials, as well, to underscore the seriousness that supports the fun.

Michael Mace May 19, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Great video but please don’t make too many excellent videos like this. I’ll be compelled to show all of them my classes and there really aren’t that many hours in a semester.

EM May 19, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Wow. I still can’t believe y’all made that crazy comment about Israel. If I ever had a fallen hero, it is now.

Russ Roberts May 19, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Life is tough, EM. Everyone is flawed.

Matthew May 20, 2011 at 7:02 am

Hi Russ, in the interview you mentioned that the U.S. faces a long-run budgetary crisis and that Australia has similar issues. We don’t actually have the problems that the U.S. faces (or at least not as bad). If I recall correctly, over the past 15 years the majority of our budgets have been in surplus. We also have a system of compulsory saving for retirement. This means that when the baby-boomers start to retire, there won’t be as much strain on the public pension system as the pensioners will be forced to use their savings.